ICON HEALTH AND FITNESS, INC
ICON Health and Fitness, Inc ("ICON") warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship, if the product has been:
- operated in accordance with the conditions of use below and any instructions; and
- used exclusively for personal household or domestic use for the periods set out in the table below, which begin on the date of first purchase from ICON, subject to the terms below ("Limited Warranty").
|WARRANTY PERIOD BY PRODUCT|
|Bikes, Ellipticals, Rowers|
|Electronics||2yr parts/ 1yr labour|
|Frame & Hardware||2yr parts/ 1yr labour|
In relation to any warranty period exceeding 1 year, the Limited Warranty is for parts only and does not include shipping or labour which will be charged to the customer separately.
Any Limited Warranty replacement parts shall be warranted for the remainder of the Limited Warranty term applying to the product. Beyond this time, you are not entitled to the return of any parts or products replaced under this Limited Warranty, although you may have other rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law.
Limited Warranty Exclusions and Limitations. This Limited Warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is not transferable. If the serial number is removed, altered, or defaced, this Limited Warranty is void. You will be required to provide the serial number at the time of claiming warranty.
Without limiting any statutory rights which may be available to you in respect of the product, including those under the Australian Consumer Law (which is Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), this Limited Warranty will not apply to:
- Any alteration or repair of the product not authorised by ICON;
- Any product used as a floor display or not covered by an original manufacturer’s warranty, for example any used, reconditioned or demonstration product sold “as is”, although you may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law;
- Any product used other than in accordance with the instructions provided by ICON;
- Any product used other than for its designed, recommended or intended purpose;
- Any product which is incorrectly installed or set up;
- Any product damaged during installation (unless installed by an ICON approved installer);
- Any product supplied outside Australia;
- Damage to the product from failure to perform the recommended maintenance as detailed in the instructions, user’s manual and/or warranty provided with the product;
- Any defects caused by accidents, natural disasters, lightning, water, fire, wind, storms or caused by abuse or theft of the product or in the case of electrical products, is due to surges in the electrical power to which the product is connected;
- Any product used for commercial or rental purposes;
- Any product stored or used outdoors;
- Normal wear and tear of the product;
- Damage caused through incorrect adjustment to treadmill walking belts, drive belts, bike handle bars, seats and pedals;
- Damage (including rust) caused by usage or storage in the incorrect environment and contrary to the recommendations contained in the instructions or user’s manual supplied with the product;
- Any adaptation or changes to the product which are not in accordance with the instructions or user’s manual supplied with the product;
Damage resulting from:
- Abuse, misuse, excessive use, failure to follow instructions, improper or abnormal usage;
- Alteration, modification, defective installation, maintenance or repair of the product;
- Any power supply fault in ancillary equipment used with the product;
- Pests, mice, cockroaches or other insects;
- The entry of foreign matter into the product including liquid, moisture or dirt;
- Repairs not provided by an ICON authorised service provider; and
- Salt build-up or rust corrosion.
- Any product ICON reasonably believes has been stolen; or
- Expendable parts such as paint and finish.
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law and except as expressly set out in this Limited Warranty, this Limited Warranty is the exclusive warranty provided by ICON and supersedes any prior, contrary or additional representations whether oral or written. To the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, any implied or express warranties or guarantees imposed by law are limited to the terms of the Limited Warranty. To the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, neither ICON nor its agents or employees shall be liable for the loss or use of any product, loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss or any other indirect, consequential, special or incidental loss or damage due to breach of the Limited Warranty or any implied warranty or guarantee.
Claiming under this Limited Warranty. Proof of purchase in a form acceptable to ICON must be presented to make a claim under this Limited Warranty. You will be required to provide the serial number at the time of claiming warranty.
Prior to making a claim under this Limited Warranty, you should seek diagnostic assistance by calling the toll free number, 1800 993 770 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should the problem not be resolved by phone or email, where the product is within the geographic area set out below, under this Limited Warranty ICON will arrange a warranty service by an authorised technician (proof of purchase must be provided prior to a technicians visit). This may require ordering and replacement of parts prior to the technicians visit. Upon the technician servicing the product, ICON may at its sole discretion elect to:
- Replace the product or supply an equivalent product;
- Repair the product; or
- Refund the purchase price of the product or pay the cost of replacing the product.
In the event that ICON elects to replace the product under this Limited Warranty, ICON may require you to return the item to the place of purchase to receive your exchange. If ICON provided the initial installation then, and only then, will ICON provide a re-installation service. This Limited Warranty does not extend to any costs associated with the installation, de-installation or re-installation of a product and it also excludes all damage relating to transporting or incorrect assembling of the product, although you may have other rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
Once a Limited Warranty claim has been validated in accordance with the above procedures:
- In-home Limited Warranty service is available within 70kms of Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane or 35km from the place of purchase, whichever is greater. Outside these areas we reserve the right to charge you a travel fee under this Limited Warranty to cover the technicians travel expenses. This does not guarantee service will be available outside of the Limited Warranty service area but we will quote and assist where we can;
- The product may be returned to the place of purchase for Limited Warranty repairs. Under this Limited Warranty, shipping of the product is at your expense. Please check with your retailer as to the specific arrangements.
All service will be performed during normal working hours by ICON’s authorised service provider. Where equipment is required to be serviced outside the normal servicing hours, an additional fee may apply.
Under this Limited Warranty, ICON is not responsible for the costs of freight, postage, insurance or lost or misdirected products. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the product to the place of purchase or ICON’s authorised service provider, although you may have other rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
Mandatory Rights. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent ICON cannot lawfully exclude any applicable implied or imposed statutory rights relating to an ICON product, nothing in the Limited Warranty affects such rights. If you are a consumer, this Limited Warranty applies in addition to the rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
Conditions of Use. The following conditions of use must be complied with in order for you to make a claim under this Limited Warranty:
- All warnings, safety precautions, owners’ instructions, terms and conditions must be read and understood prior to assembly and use of this product;
- Do not use the product for anything other than its intended use. This product is for personal household or domestic use only;
- Do not use the product if it has missing parts;
- Do not use the product if it is damaged;
- Do not use product if it is wet or rusted;
- Do not allow young children or infirm persons to use the product;
- Do not assemble or use the product on unsteady, slippery or soft ground. The product must be assembled and used on a dry, flat, solid and steady ground with adequate clearance from any hazards or surrounding walls which could interfere with the safe operation of the product;
- Regularly inspect the product for any damage. If damaged in any way, immediately cease use of the product;
- Keep young children away from the product at all times. Contact with moving surfaces on treadmills and ellipticals may result in severe friction burns
- Keep any bolts, washers, screws and other small items, which can be swallowed, out of reach of children;
- The installation of an electrical safety switch is highly recommended for electrical products;
- Keep all electrical products unplugged when not in use; and
- Prior to beginning any exercise routine, Icon recommends that you seek medical clearance from a qualified medical practitioner.
ICON Health and Fitness, Inc.,Unit 6/ 12 Boden Rd Seven Hills, NSW 2147, Australia.